How to Apply
Welcome to the application process for the Teacher Education Program (TEP) at UCSB. The following Application Handbooks, Supplemental Documents, and Screening Interview links will provide all the necessary information to guide you through the process. Please note there are several pieces (such as what to write for the Statement of Purpose essays) that are unique to the TEP. Please follow the instructions carefully and let the handbooks be your guide.
You will be required to upload all supplemental documents, except for transcripts, to the online application electronically.
• 2013-14 Application Handbooks are available for download at the Credential Services webpage.
• Supplemental Program Application documents are available for download at the Student Affairs webpage.
• 2013-14 Screening Interview dates are available at the Screening Interviews webpage.
We strongly encourage all applicants to attend an Application Information Meeting as soon as possible, as it may take one year to complete all of the admission requirements to the program.
Applicants who cannot attend an Application Information Meeting must contact the Credential Analyst, Suzanne Raphael, and the Pre-Professional Coordinator, Katie Blackwell, for an appointment:
• For questions and advising about the application process, please contact:
email@example.com, ED 4102
• For questions about completing or documenting your 60 hours of pre-professional experience, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org, ED 3228
• For general questions about the program, please contact:
Maritza Fuljencio and Everly Manes
Teacher Education Program Office
email@example.com, ED 3230
Applicants that have started their Online Application can send questions about the Online Application to the GGSE Student Affairs Office (SAO) as a message by utilizing the envelope icon in the top right corner of the Online Application. Their staff will answer messages as soon as possible. SAO prioritizes Online Application questions sent via the Online Application message system over phone/personal e-mail correspondence.