How to Declare a Minor

Fill out a ‘Petition to Declare the Minor’ form and then turn it into the Gevirtz Student Affairs Office in Education 4100. You can acquire a form by downloading the PDF version below or in the Gevirtz Student Affairs Office in Education 4100. If your quarter of graduation changes after you submit this petition, you are required to inform the Student Affairs Office.

**Students who are interested  in the Applied Psychology Minor are required to petition to declare the minor before they begin coursework  for the minor.**


Contact the Gevirtz Student Affairs Office no later than the 2nd week of the quarter you plan to graduate to confirm that you have fulfilled all requirements to graduate with the minor. Feel free to contact the Gevirtz Student Affairs Office should you need any other assistance along the way.

Any student may receive the minor so long as he or she fulfills all 18 units of required coursework, follows the minor policies and completes relevant forms in a timely manner. Students are encouraged to enroll in classes early as space is limited. There is a possibility that you will not be able to meet the course requirements due to popularity and space availability. 

Contact Information:

Gevirtz Student Affairs Office
Education 4100
(805) 893-2137
Fax Number (805) 893-2588, Please title 'ATTN: SAO'

Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00AM-4:00PM, Closed 12:00PM-1:00PM