Welcome and thank you for your interest in applying to the Teacher Education Program (TEP) at UCSB. The following links provide all the necessary information to guide you through the application process. You must read the Application Handbook for the credential subject area you are interested in applying to before starting your online E-App, as our many requirements (such as what to write for the Admission Essays) are very unique to the TEP. You are required to upload your application materials to the online E-App electronically. Please read the Application Handbooks and Application FAQ page thoroughly.
Supplemental Program Applications
Steps to Completing Your E-App
1. Go to https://www.graddiv.ucsb.edu/eapp/ and START a New Application
2. Choose your TEP Major & Degree Objective
3. Choose your TEP Research Interests
4. Follow the instructions on the E-App to complete the Personal, Address, Demographic, Citizenship, and Financial Information sections. Email correspondence is the primary way of contacting applicants. Applicants must list an accurate email address in the E-App and check this email address on a daily basis. The best email address to provide is one without an expiration date.
5. Scan and upload an official transcript created by your university for each instruction you have attended and taken over 12 units.
6. Request at least 3 Letters of Recommendation. Letters must arrive electronically via your online E-App. You will be asked to supply the name, email address, and current institution/company of each recommender.
7. Upload your TEP-specific admission essays (Statement of Purpose, Personal Contributions/Achievements) and Resume/CV - essay instructions are in the Application Handbooks.
8. Complete & upload your Supplemental Program Application.
9. Have your GRE (or MAT, option for the TEP only), and TOEFL or IELTS scores if international applicant, electronically transmitted by the testing service to UCSB. The UCSB institution code for the GRE is 4835. The UCSB institution code for the MAT is 1964. Department codes are not needed. In addition to sending GRE scores electronically make sure to go back into your E-App application status page and enter the ETS registration number and test date that can be found on your ETS official score sheet which only you know.
10. Have your CBEST and CSET state test scores sent to UCSB.
11. Pay and Submit: Pay the non refundable $80.00 Application Fee ($100 for International Applicants). Payment may be either by Credit Card (Visa and Master Card only), Check, or International Money Order. For Credit Card Payment, please follow the directions at the end of the electronic application.
**Your application will only be accessible to the faculty for review once it is confirmed that you have completed all requirements and you have attended a screening interview.
**Once an admission decision is made you will be able to view the decision on your E-App application status page.
Screening Interview Dates
Applicants to the TEP will be invited to attend an on-campus group-screening interview to be considered for admission. The interview will provide a chance for applicants to demonstrate their writing and communication skills in an individual and group setting.
Once your complete online E-App has been received by the TEP, you will be contacted by the office staff via the email listed on your E-App to attend one of our interview dates. Email invitations are sent in the order that completed E-App's are received by staff and spaces at each interview date is on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you do not hear from the TEP office via email within one week of paying and submitting your E-App, it is most likely that your E-App is missing some requirements. Please contact 805-893-2084 or firstname.lastname@example.org to check with our staff on the live status of your E-App.
The current application cycle screening interview dates and times are:
January interview date: if there is a significant amount of early completed applications, TEP will host a screening interview in January and applicants will be invited via email to attend this interview date for an early February admission consideration. We reserve the right to cancel the January interview date if we have an insufficient number of early completed applications. Applicants affected by a cancellation of the January interview date would be rescheduled for an interview in February or March.
Alternate Screening Interview: The on-campus interview is the preferred and recommended process. However, applicants who live outside the Santa Barbara County region and need to travel a distance may request an alternate interview that includes a videotape of a teaching lesson and a virtual interview. Request an alternate interview only as a final option if it is not at all possible to come to UCSB for a Saturday interview. After submitting a completed E-App, contact the TEP Office at (805) 893-2084 to request an alternate screening interview.
We recommend applicants attend an Information Meeting as soon as possible, as it may take one year to complete all of the admission requirements to the program.
If you can't attend an Information Meeting, please contact the TEP office and the Pre-Professional Coordinator with your questions:
|For general questions about the program and the application process:|
|Teacher Education Program Office
Office: ED 3230
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (Closed for Lunch 12-1pm)
|For questions about completing or documenting the minimum 60 hours of Pre-Professional Experience requirement:|
Office: ED 3228