*Please note that the application deadline for Fall 2021 admission is November 15th, 2020 (11:59 PM).*
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in applying to the Gevirtz Graduate School of Education - Department of Counseling, Clinical, and School Psychology at UCSB. The following provides the necessary information to guide you through the application process online. Please use this in conjunction with the Application Checklist, as there are additional details in the checklist: Application Checklist.
1. Online Electronic Application: Go to https://www.graddiv.ucsb.edu/eapp and START a New Application
2. Order an official transcript sent to yourself for each institution you have attended and taken over 12 units. Unseal and open the envelope, then scan and upload the official transcript created by your university. Repeat this step as needed until all official transcripts are uploaded.
3. Request at least 3 Letters of Recommendation. Letters must arrive electronically via your online application. You will be asked to supply the name, email address, and current institution/company of each recommender.
4. Upload your Statement of Purpose, Personal Contributions/Achievements, and Resume/CV. There are no minimum or maximum length requirements for these documents, but we recommend each be 1-2 pages.
5. Upload a Writing Sample.
6. Upload At a Glance.
7. (International applicants only) Have your TOEFL or IELTS scores electronically transmitted by the testing service to UCSB for graduate-school purposes. In addition to sending the scores electronically, make sure to go back into your UCSB on-line application using your email password, to the Application Status page, and enter the ETS registration number and test date that can be found on your ETS official score sheet which only you know. Please note that it may take up to two weeks for us to receive your scores from ETS, so plan accordingly.
8. Pay and Submit: Pay the non refundable $120.00 Application Fee ($140 for International Applicants). Payment may be either by Credit Card (Visa and MasterCard only), check, or international money order. For credit card payment, please follow the directions at the end of the electronic application. For check/money order, please use and follow the directions on the Check/Money Order Submission Form found on the last page of the electronic application.
**Your application will only be accessible to the faculty for review once it is confirmed that all application components have been received.
**Once an admission decision is made (Feb-April) you will be able to view the decision on your Application Status page.