*Please note the PhD and MA application deadline for Fall 2020 admission is December 1, 2019 (11:59 PM). There will be a second cycle for MA applications with a deadline TBD sometime in late Spring 2020.
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Department of Education in the Gevirtz Graduate School of Education. The following provides the necessary information to guide you through the application process online. Please use this information in conjunction with the Application Checklist, as there are additional details in the checklist: Application Checklist
1. Online Electronic Application: Go to https://www.graddiv.ucsb.edu/eapp and START a New Application.
2. Order an official transcript sent to yourself for each institution you have attended and taken over 12 units. Unseal and open the envelope, then scan and upload the official transcript created by your university. Repeat this step as needed until all official transcripts are uploaded.
3. Request at least 3 Letters of Recommendation. Letters must arrive electronically via your online application. You will be asked to supply the name, email address, and current institution/company of each recommender.
4. Upload your Statement of Purpose, Personal Contributions/Achievements, and Resume/CV.
5. Upload a Writing Sample (Optional).
6. Upload At-A-Glance.
7. (International applicants only) Have your TOEFL or IELTS scores electronically transmitted by the testing service to UCSB for graduate-school purposes. In addition to sending the scores electronically, make sure to go back into your UCSB on-line application using your email password, to the Application Status page, and enter the ETS registration number and test date that can be found on your ETS official score sheet which only you know. Please note that it may take up to two weeks for us to receive your scores from ETS, so plan accordingly.
8. Pay and submit. Pay the non refundable $105.00 Application Fee ($125 for international applicants). Payment may be either by credit card (Visa and MasterCard only), check, or international money order. For credit card payment, please follow the directions at the end of the electronic application. For check/money order, please use and follow the directions on the Check/Money Order Submission Form found on the last page of the electronic application.
APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO READ the Application FAQ section before completing their application or contacting our office with questions.
**Your application will only be accessible to the faculty for review once it is confirmed that all application components have been received.
**Admission decisions are generally made by faculty within 6-8 weeks of receiving a completed application. Once an admission decision is made, you will be able to view this decision on your Application Status Page.