Limited Time Offer
From November through January, 2016 Hosford Clinic is offering free intakes for Individual, Couples and Family Counseling.
UCSB STIGMA FREE! on Nov 19th 11:00am - 2:00pm
Hosford is delighted to partner with Active Minds UCSB to sponsor UCSB Stigma Free! on November 19 in Storke Plaza. This event helps spread the word about affordable mental halth care and resources available to students and aims to help reduce barriers to care by dispelling mental health stigma.
The Hosford Counseling & Psychological Services Clinic is a university-based community clinic that is designed to provide culturally sensitive, low-cost individual, couple, family, and group psychological treatment and testing/assessment services to people living within the central coast community. The Hosford Clinic serves as a training site for students in the Department of Counseling, Clinical, and School Psychology (CCSP) of the University of California, Santa Barbara and as a clinical-research facility for the faculty and students of the CCSP Department. We also strive to provide educational, consultation, and training services to professional and paraprofessional clinicians and educators in the tri-counties.
Here are some common concerns that individuals seeking psychotherapy at the Hosford Clinic are looking for help with:
- Low self-esteem
- Life transitions
- School Adjustment
- Relationship issues
- Difficulties within families
- Personal and career decisions
- Parenting difficulties
We can help by:
- Providing a safe space for you to talk privately about your worries and concerns
- Listening and providing support as you make decisions and try new behaviors
- Asking questions that help you see your problem in new ways
- Helping you identify your strengths and the strengths of others
- Teaching you effective ways to cope
- Working with you to foster positive changes in your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors
- Coaching you in ways to improve your work, school, and home life
- Connecting you with resources in the community