We regret that due to the pandemic and physical distancing, at this time the Clinic cannot take new clients. We are continuing with ongoing clients via alternate means.
Dear Hosoford Clients--Have Concerns about the COVID-19 Virus?
UCSB is providing up-to-date health alerts.
The University of California Office of the President is providing system wide information.
Or for more information:
The Hosford Counseling & Psychological Services Clinic is a university-based community clinic that is designed to provide culturally sensitive, low-cost individual, couple, family, and group psychological treatment to the entire Santa Barbara community. We serve the general public as well as students, faculty and staff from our local universities/colleges. The Hosford Clinic serves as a training site for students in the Department of Counseling, Clinical, and School Psychology (CCSP) of the University of California, Santa Barbara and as a clinical-research facility for the faculty and students of the CCSP Department. We also strive to provide educational, consultation, and training services to professional and paraprofessional clinicians and educators in the tri-counties.
Here are some common concerns that individuals seeking psychotherapy at the Hosford Clinic are looking for help with:
- Low self-esteem
- Life transitions
- School Adjustment
- Relationship issues
- Difficulties within families
- Personal and career decisions
- Parenting difficulties
We can help by:
- Providing a safe space for you to talk privately about your worries and concerns
- Listening and providing support as you make decisions and try new behaviors
- Asking questions that help you see your problem in new ways
- Helping you identify your strengths and the strengths of others
- Teaching you effective ways to cope
- Working with you to foster positive changes in your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors
- Coaching you in ways to improve your work, school, and home life
- Connecting you with resources in the community