SANTA BARBARA WELLNESS PROJECT:
Would you like to learn how to increase wellness for you and others around you? The Santa Barbara Wellness Project (SBWP) is a prevention workshop that helps children, adults and families learn how to manage stress and increase well-being. Over the course of six weeks, participants will go through three 60-90 minute presentations led by two trained volunteer Wellness Team members. During this time you will learn:
Problem solving techniques
You can also learn how to help others develop these skills by becoming a trainer. Workshops can be conducted with any group who desires them, both in North and South County. English and Spanish speaking facilitators are available. Please visit our website (http://sbwellness.wix.com/prevention) for more information or to arrange a workshop for your organization or community.
The Hosford Counseling & Psychological Services Clinic is currently offering *free* 1-hour presentations, provided at your location, on a wide range of topics:
- Finding Emotional Balance
- This workshop will teach you how to understand and manage overwhelming emotions like fear, frustration, and sadness. You will gain tools to keep your emotions from controlling you, and to find better balance in your everyday life.
- Hooking Up
- Pop culture makes it seem like hooking up has become increasingly common on college campuses. But what exactly is a “hook up” and who is doing it? This presentation will provide an overview of norms and dispel common myths about hooking-up. Risks and outcomes of hooking up will also be discussed.
- How to Help Your Child with Study Habits (in English and Spanish)
- This workshop uses 10 important tips from the Department of Education to allow for practical tips for parents to assist in creating successful study habits for their children. Resources for where to seek additional support for help with schoolwork are also discussed.
- How to Help Your Child Resist Bullying (in English and Spanish)
- This workshop provides an overview as to what bullying is and how to recognize when it is occurring. Additionally, you will learn strategies for discussing the topic of bullying with your child. Lastly, you will learn some important dos and don’ts on how to intervene when bullying is occurring.
- Mindfulness for Anxiety
- Learn how to use mindfulness to reduce anxiety, worry, and fear! This beginning mindfulness presentation supplies you with valuable tools to promote personal well-being and improve daily functioning. Learn how to counter anxiety producing thoughts, feelings and physical sensations.
- Positive Leadership in the Workplace
- This presentation is designed for organizational leaders who are looking for ways to enhance employee well-being, investment, and productivity. Research shows that both leaders and followers benefit from increasing Psychological Capital (PsyCap) in the workplace, which is defined as Hope, Efficacy, Resilience, and Optimism (HERO). Research and strategies for increasing PsyCap will be shared.
- The Power of Forgiveness
- Forgiveness is an individual process that people are likely to experience many times throughout their lifetime; it is also one of the main reasons many people seek therapy. The Power of Forgiveness workshop provides the audience with an overview of what forgiveness is, why you might choose to engage in the process, and the physiological and psychological benefits. Additionally, participants will have an opportunity to reflect on their own unique experiences and will be provided with mental health resources for embarking on their journey to forgiveness.
- The Spectrum of Treatment Provider Stress
- This workshop is intended for a variety of treatment providers. The workshop discusses burnout, secondary traumatic stress, compassion fatigue, and vicarious traumatization. An emphasis is place on identifying risk factors and ways to promote vicarious resilience among treatment providers.
If you would like to schedule a presentation, please contact the Clinic at 805-893-8064