A collaborative effort between the McEnroe Reading Clinic and Girls Inc., the Curie-osity Project introduces young women in grades 4 through 6 to the women scientists and engineers of the UC Santa Barbara community.
- Read and then hold discussions about famous women scientists, considering what we know, what we would want to know (if we had the chance to ask),
- Develop an interview protocol for learning about current female scientists and engineers,
- Visit labs and research sites of these female scientists and engineers
- Conduct interviews and explore and engage in some of the work that they do,
- Collect written, audio/video records of visits and interviews
- Use these records to create summaries about each featured scientist/engineer,
- Consolidate these summaries to create a book on women scientists and engineers of Santa Barbara.