1. You must petition to declare the minor before attempting to register for any GGSE courses. You must be junior standing (or projected junior by the end of the current quarter) with a 2.0 or above GPA to be eligible. GOLD will not allow you to register for courses without being declared in the minor.
2. If at all possible, please do not wait until your senior year to begin completing courses for the minor. Some of the courses develop long waiting lists and not all courses are offered every quarter. Please plan ahead.
3. To earn one of three minors, you must complete a minimum of 18 or 20 units. Please monitor the number of units for the minor courses you complete. You might need to take six or more courses to reach the minimum number of units required.
4. All minor courses are listed by default with a “departmental approval required to finalize registration” warning. Please ignore this and attempt to register without contacting the instructor for approval.
5. A small number of courses, such as ED 190, may be set as “approval code required” from the start. In this case you will need to contact the listed instructor directly for an approval code.
6. Focus on finishing Core courses first.
7. The GGSE Student Affairs Office on the fourth floor lobby of the Education Building are available Monday through Friday, 9 am to 12 noon and 1 pm to 4 pm to answer your questions and assist you with course selection. They can also be emailed at: email@example.com
8. Notify the Student Affairs Office (SAO) if you graduate early so that your minor can be awarded on time. Likewise, if you plan to delay the completion of or you choose to not finish the minor, notify the SAO so that your records can be updated.
9. Close to graduation, the Office of the Registrar may send you an email or message asking you to consult with the minor sponsoring department. This message usually refers to a degree check to make sure you are on track to finish. We advise students to visit the SAO for your degree check no later than the Pass 2 period of the final registration quarter before your degree/graduation candidacy is expected. Please note, Spring quarter is our busiest quarter, thus we advise to visit/contact us during Winter quarter if you expect/anticipate a Spring degree/graduation.