The Strategic Research Initiatives (SRI), is a unit within the Office of Research, that works with faculty to effectively secure extramural funding, from early career fellowships to large center grants. Their support services include:
- Helping faculty find relevant funding opportunities for their research.
- Working directly with faculty to support effective proposal writing and development.
- Coordinating and facilitating research teams in their pursuit of large interdisciplinary funding opportunities.
- Providing proposal-related training and professional development for faculty and postdoctoral researchers.
- Working with campus departments and offices to streamline the proposal submission process.