Call (805) 893-8064
- Call to schedule an Intake appointment (lasts 2 – 3 hours)
- Come into the center for the Intake
- Begin meeting with your counselor or be referred to a community agency
You will get to see the Hosford Clinic, meet the clinician, and complete the necessary paperwork.
Sessions last 50 minutes each.
How many sessions a person has varies based on individual need. What is important to know is that throughout therapy, your counselor will discuss a treatment plan with you so that your concerns can be addressed and monitored.
- You will get a weekly appointment time with your therapist
- You will have a chance to tell your therapist more about your life and your concerns
- You will work with your therapist to identify goals for counseling/psychotherapy
- You will work with your therapist on accomplishing your goal
- By listening and providing support as you make decisions and try new behaviors
- By asking questions that help you see your problem in new ways, which will help you generate solutions to your difficulties
- By helping you to see your strengths and the strengths of those around you
- By helping you access resources in your family, social circle, and community
- By teaching you effective ways to deal with life’s greatest challenges, like addictions, mental illness, victimization, interpersonal conflict, parenting, bereavement, divorce, job loss, failing grades, loneliness, depression, school pressure, and job stress
- By working with you to foster positive changes in your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors
- By coaching you in ways to improve your interpersonal relationships
- By providing a safe space for you to talk privately about your worries and concerns.